I have did them but I need to make sure they are right
What incident abroad marked the election day of the 1956 election, thereby enhancing Eisenhower's bid for a second term?
A. The crisis in the Formosa Straits
B. The resolution of the Suez crisis
C). The French defeat in Indochina
D. An attack on U.S. Marines in Beirut
2. At the beginning of World War II, Roosevelt dealt with France
A. through negotiations with the Vichy Government.
B). by seeking an alliance with French Algeria.
C. by supporting the Free French under Charles de Gaulle.
D. by joining with the British in an assault on North Africa.
3. During Lyndon Johnson's presidency, which of the following legislative or executive measures banned literacy tests?
A. The establishment of the Office of Economic Opportunity
B). The Civil Rights Act of 1964
C. The Medicare Act
D. The Voting Rights Acts of 1965
4. During the Carter administration, Zbigniew Brzezinski
A. tried to reverse the policy of détente.
B. tried to get Carter to roll back taxes.
C. rejected the adoption of the MX missiles to replace the older Minute Man missiles.
D. was directly involved in continuing the SALT talks.
5. After Hitler came to power in 1933, he blamed Germany's defeat in World War I on
A. Communists and Socialists.
B. Jews and Gypsies.
C. Communists and American imperialists.
D. Jews and Communists.
6. John F. Kennedy replaced Eisenhower's concept of massive retaliation with a _______ response strategy.
The political purpose of the Taft-Hartley Act of 1947 was to
A. strengthen the Wagner Act.
B. implement NSC-68.
C. roll back the provisions of the Wagner Act.
D. impose regulations on the steel industry
Following on the successful activism of Cesar Chavez, Mexican American youths began to refer to themselves as
B. Los Barrios.
D. Los Hombres.
9. During the turbulence of the 1960s, black activism focused primarily on
A. expanding economic opportunity.
B. supporting the nonviolent strategies of Martin Luther King, Jr.
C. expanding voting rights.
D. stopping the Vietnam War.
During the McCarthy era, which of the following was (were) executed for allegedly giving atomic secrets to the Soviet Union?
A. Alger Hiss
B. Klaus Fuchs
C. Whittaker Chambers
D. Julius and Ethel Rosenberg
During World War II, the tide turned in favor of the United States at the Battle of
C. the Coral Sea.
D. Leyte Gulf.
Which of the following is true of the Truman Doctrine?
A. It amounted to an informal declaration of Cold War.
B. It established the Marshall Plan.
C. It created the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
D. It ended the policy of containment.
Which of the following was Eisenhower's most significant legislative achievement?
A. Increasing the minimum wage
B. The extension of Social Security benefits
C. The establishment of modern Republicanism
D. The Highway Act of 1956
The majority of states that did not ratify the Equal Rights Amendment were located in the
15. Reagan embraced the idea that through tax incentives the private sector would shift its resources from tax shelters to productive investment. This theory is referred to as
A. deficit economics.
B. supply-side economics.
C. supply-and-demand economics.
16. In a free election in 1989, Lech Walesa came to power in
B. East Germany.
17. At the Yalta Conference of 1945, the military situation favored
19. Which of the following was true of Nixon's presidency?
A. It oversaw the establishment of the Environmental Protection Agency.
B. It resisted affirmative-action legislation.
C. It shifted responsibility for welfare programs from the states to the federal government.
D. It tried to overthrow Johnson's Great Society agenda.
18. The 1978 Supreme Court decision in Bakke v. Regents of the University of California
A. established the rights of students to appeal college admissions policies.
B. ruled in favor of affirmative action within specified limits.
C. established the "red state-blue state" divide.
D. ruled against the principle of affirmative action.
20. Which of the following is true of President G. W. Bush?
A. He accepted the United States' role in the International Criminal Court.
B. He vowed to punish all countries sponsoring terrorism.
C. He reluctantly endorsed the Kyoto Protocol.
D. He rejected unilateralism.